2023 7th “Paint it! The coffee cup art!” Make Your Christmas Magical
Terms and conditions:
Topic: “Make Your Christmas Magical” – To draw your dream and magical Christmas moment as you wish to have, and the design of artwork must include the “Pacific Coffee” logo, typeface or unique elements of interior store design (at least one of the elements).
- The 7th “Paint it! The coffee cup art!” campaign (hereafter “Campaign”) is organized by Pacific Coffee Co. Ltd. (“Pacific Coffee”) and supported by Hong Kong Polytechnic University – School of Design (“HKPOLYUSD”) and Hong Kong Design Institute (“HKDI”).
- This campaign is divided into two groups: Open Group and Tertiary Institution Group.
- Award winners will be selected from the paper cup art entries (“Artwork”). One Champion, one 1st runner up, one 2nd runner up and total 5 “Creativity Awards” for each group.
- By participating in this campaign, entrants agree to be bound by the listed terms and conditions.
- The theme of the artwork must be “Make Your Christmas Magical” There are no restrictions on the style and type of paint used. Entrants must not paste any decorations on the paper cup or cut out any parts of the paper cup.
- Entrants must submit their artwork painted on Pacific Coffee Grande size paper cup.
- All entries must include one of the Pacific Coffee’s elements, like “Pacific Coffee” logo, typeface or unique elements of interior store design, for example red sofa or lantern. The design of artwork must not contain other logos.
- The entrant warrants that his or her entries are original, have not been previously published, do not infringe on any third party’s rights, and that he or she has obtained all necessary permission from any third party, if required, for publication of his or her entries. Entries should not contain obscene, indecent, defamatory, insinuating, libelous or violent content. No disgusting language or action, or content that violates the law of HKSAR is allowed.
- Pacific Coffee will not be accountable to any legal responsibilities and/or indemnify in any case. If the winning artwork is suspected to violate any copyrights or laws. Pacific Coffee reserves the right to disqualify the entrants, and liability shall be pursued in accordance with the law.
Paper cup collection and submission:
- From now till 18 Jun 2023, any interested parties can collect a maximum of 3 designated Grande size paper cups at any one of Hong Kong Pacific Coffee coffeehouses (*except some designated location). To reduce waste, only 3 paper cups will be given to each entrant each time.
- Entrants must submit their artwork on or before 18 Jun 2023 at designated Hong Kong Pacific coffeehouses. Entrants must write down his/her name, contact number, email address, participating group and their school name (if applicable) at the bottom of the paper cup with permanent ink. Please read Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.pacificcoffee.com/terms/privacy-policy/
- Entrants must submit their artwork on or before 18 Jun 2023 at designated Hong Kong Pacific coffeehouses.
Hong Kong Island: Lok Sing Center, Causeway Bay/ Allied Kajima Building, Wan Chai/Harmony Court, Sheung wan/ Cityplaza, Taikoo Shing,
Kowloon: Silvercord, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon/ Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong/ Argyle Centre, Mongkok / Whampoa Garden, Hung Hom,/ Manhattan Mid-Town, Meifoo/ East Point City, Tseung Kwan O/ Hong Kong Design Institute, Tseung Kwan O
New Territories: Luk Yeung Galleria, Tsuen Wan/ Ma On Shan Plaza, Ma On Shan/ Sheung Shui Centre, Sheung Shui, / Tuen Mun Plaza, Tuen Mun/ Citygate, Tung Chung
Judging criteria and prizes
- Each entrant can submit more than one artwork. A maximum of one artwork from each entrant will be selected as winning artwork.
- Pacific Coffee will judge the artworks and select the final winners based on the following criteria: alignment with theme, color application, drawing skills and overall impression.
- One Champion, one 1st runner up, one 2nd runner up and total 5 “Creativity Awards” will be selected for each group. The Champion will be rewarded Pacific Coffee $2,000 gift card. The 1st runner up will be rewarded a Pacific Coffee $1,500 gift card. The 2nd runner up will be rewarded a Pacific Coffee $1,000 gift card. Creativity Award winners will be rewarded a Pacific Coffee $500 gift card. Either Champion or 1st runner up or 2nd runner up winners’ artwork may be manufactured into special edition paper cup, which will be used at all Hong Kong Pacific Coffee, also it may be showcased at selected coffeehouses or Hong Kong Design Institute and/ or made into merchandise items.
- The exact number of selected artworks to be manufactured into merchandise items is dependent on the number and quality of the artworks.
- The list of winning artworks will be announced and featured on Pacific Coffee’s Facebook page on or before 15 Aug 2023. Winners will also be notified individually through email.
Other rules and disclaimers:
- The copyright of the artwork will be transferred from the entrant to Pacific Coffee upon artwork submission. Any submitted artwork cannot be recalled. Pacific Coffee may take photos, film, edit, alter copy, list, distribute, exhibit the artwork, and upload it on the Pacific Coffee’s marketing channels including social media, website and stores, etc., without seeking prior approval from the entrant or paying any fees or warranties.
- All winning artworks will not be returned in any circumstances.
- All prizes cannot be resold and are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Any entrant who is in breach of any of the above rules may be disqualified and shall indemnify Pacific Coffee for all the damage or loss Pacific Coffee may suffer. Pacific Coffee reserves the right to take any legal action.
- Pacific Coffee will endeavor to maintain the intactness of the artworks during delivery. Pacific Coffee will not however be liable for any damage, loss or errors during delivery or indemnify any parties in any circumstances. The entrants must bear the risks involved.
- Pacific Coffee reserves the final right to change, amend the terms and conditions as well as the prizes without prior notice. In case of disputes, Pacific Coffee reserves the right of final decision.
Sign up now for our e-newsletter to get the latest Pacific Coffee news and hottest offers.